About the Institute
This institute, founded by Dr. J.W. Smith, is a 501C3 non-profit/educational foundation researching the causes of, and elimination of, poverty and war.
We are told monopolies have been eliminated. That is not true. As our research shows
- Throughout history, the powerful created our property rights laws as applied to nature’s resources and technologies, denying others their rightful share of which nature offers to us all for free and those laws are the beating heart of the current monopoly system which we are told does not exist.
- Monopolization, Mercantilism, rentseeking, and capitalism as practiced, are all the same thing. Throughout the past 700 years, whenever they stood exposed, the powerbrokers simply accepted what was supposedly a new philosophy and went on with the same principles of wealth appropriation under that new name.
- The foundation plunder systems, Plunder by Trade and Property Rights Law as Applied to Nature’s Resources and Technologies, Denying Others Their Rightful Share of What is Offered to Us All for Free , continued to amass massive unearned wealth, create equally massive povety, and the wars to protect and expand the monopoly system became ever more ferocious.
- That today’s subtle monopolies are the most efficient economic system is only a belief system imposed to protect those monopolies. Global warming activists, resource depletion activists, and all who wish to eliminate poverty and war take note: Well over half the economic activity of imperial nations is wasted and this is without counting the wealth destroyed militarily protecting and expanding the monopoly system we call capitalism.
- If technology had been shared instead of monopolized the past 300 years, production would have been double, in a few years it would have doubled again, a few more years it would have doubled again, and it would have done so on up to the development of the entire world. Instead it has been one steady drumbeat of wars maintaining and expanding the monopoly system whose foundation principles are “never share with anybody.”
- By society restructuring to full and equal rights for all, economic efficiency will increase equal to the invention of money, the printing press, and electricity.
- That efficiency, if the world started utilizing it today, will eliminate poverty in ten years and provide a quality life for all the world’s citizens in 50 years.
IED is organized to publish, publicize, and distribute high quality books on elimination of poverty and war and sustainable development of the impoverished world.
Our research demonstrates it is possible to,
- Eliminate the causes of war;
- Do away with poverty in a few short years; and
- Develop the world to a sustainable level in two generations, only 50 years
And all while maximizing private property rights, individualism, and competition. Moreover, we prove that the powerbrokers of subtly-monopolized capital understand this very well, practiced sharing whenever under threat, and, at these times, obtained a substantial share of the enormous efficiency potentials we describe.
Towards those goals, this cooperative publishing house pays higher than normal royalties. If our books gain broad enough classroom use, we will increase those royalties even more (J.W.Smith, founder of IED, at this time, accepts no royalties).
If you have a planned book further expanding the world’s understanding on elimination of poverty and war or otherwise socially useful, that you would like to teach with or just get your message to the world, please submit your ms to us.
We have some contacts now and hope to use those and these to establish support groups throughout the 3rd World for printing and distributing these books and their books cheaply in those regions.
All profits of this 501C3 educational foundation are to be utilized spreading philosophies for peace and elimination of poverty throughout the World.
Our work for everyone to see
We hope to make as much of our research as possible available to everyone. Some of our recent books are available on this site, in full, for free. See our books pages for more information.
Publishing rights for your part of the world
Rights are available to translate and/or republish our work in your part of the world. The work of some authors can be printed, used in class in the developing world, and, on a non-exclusive basis, sold within your region without charge. Contact Us for more information.
We are a cooperative publishing house dedicated to the elimination of poverty and war that pays ourselves double the normal royalty and will pay substantially higher yet as soon as we can.
We need more cutting edge researchers. If you can broaden our understanding and that of our readers, if you have a high-quality book within you that you wish to use in class, or if you just wish to reach the world, please Contact Us.
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this website are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the Institute for Economic Democracy. The Institute for Economic Democracy will not be responsible or liable for any inaccuracies.
IED grants permission to cross-post original IED articles on community internet sites as long as the text & title are not modified. The source and the author’s copyright must be displayed. For publication of IED articles in print or other forms including Internet sites, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.ied.info/ contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.